Someone on Reddit by the username of ScottRadish just came up with this fascinating theory about the M10 rule changes, and its simply amazing. Please have a read, and let us know what you think in the comments!
The M10 MTG rule changes never happened [Fan Theory]
Okay guys. I don’t want to upset anybody’s tin foil hat. But I’ve just been reading this post about the Eldrazi’s purpose and I found the solution. Don’t get alarmed, but we need to exam the timing of events and decide if it is just coincidence.
The Facts We Know Are True
- Rise of the Eldrazi was finalised in the Summer of 2009, and sent for it’s first printing. This was the first printing of Ulamog.
- Ulamog devours mana. (We do not know why)
- The M10 rules changes went into effect in the Summer of 2009
- Mana burn “ceased to exist” immediately when Ulamog was first printed.
What if, mana burn is still in the game? What if Ulamog’s important role in the multiverse is that he is gathering the unspent mana from our mana pools? What if these so called, “rule changes” never actually happened, and are only a result of the Eldrazi’s return?
- [c]Lightning Bolt[/c] was last printed in standard in the Summer of 2010, shortly after Kozilek was released.
- Since then, 3 damage burn spells have had an ever-increasing casting cost.
- Kozilek counters spells according to their converted mana cost.
What if Wizards *wants to print a playable red burn spell in Standard, but they can’t because Kozilek is countering them all? 4 mana wraths, green mana dork, and how many other staples have had their converted mana cost increased ever since Kozilek was printed. Still think it’s a coincidence?
- The exile zone was introduced in the M10 “rule changes”
- The Eldrazi can “process” cards from the exile zone to your graveyard.
Wake up people. There is no exile zone. When the Eldrazi came instead of removing cards from the game, we started placing them in this so-called ‘exile’ zone, right where the Eldrazi wanted them. We haven’t actually removed anything from the game for almost 8 years.
- Nissa and Chandra Killed Ulamog and Kozilek.
- WotC has extended the Standard Rotation to allow Ulamog and Kozilek to stay in Standard.
Here’s the problem. Two of the titans died last year. So if my theory is correct, we should have seen the M10 rule changes reversed. But that didn’t happen. Instead WotC has artificially extend the influence of the Titans by keeping them in Standard. Even though they are dead, WotC is keeping them alive. “But u/ScottRadish, if the Titans have been oppressing us for years, why would WotC want to keep them?”
Isn’t it obvious? If the M10 rule changes never actually happened, then the damage is still on the stack. How many times have you “dealt” lethal damage to an opponent? That damage hasn’t yet resolved. Every game of Commander you have ever played. Every [c]Splinter Twin[/c] combo you’ve seen on Twitch. Every single last point of damage is going to resolve the minute the Titans go out of print. WotC can’t allow that to happen. They obviously plan on keeping Battle for Zendikar Standard legal forever.
I don’t know what we should do.
This post was originally published here.