Free Entry Tickets And Promotional Support For MTG Tournament Organisers & Store Owners From Manaleak.com Birmingham
Hi guys, we’d like to let you know about a new promotion that we’ve put together, something that we hope will benefit local gaming stores, Magic players, tournament organisers and the general Magic: the Gathering community at large.
Your time is precious so here’s the offer in a nutshell:
- We’re offering tournament organisers (TO) and store owners free entry tickets to any of our upcoming constructed MTG events. These are normally worth between £10-£30.
- The TO can then give the free entry ticket out as a prize at one of their “feeder events”.
- That feeder event must include details of the main event.
- The TO is expected to promote their feeder event.
- We’ll promote the TO’s feeder event on social media.
Our SCI IQ event reached a staggering 107 players, our last PPTQ had 68 players, even though there were other competitive REL events also taking place on the same day. Our 2017 Eternal Weekend Championships had over 300 players throughout the weekend. These events attract a lot of Magic players who see value in attending them.
In the interest of greater cooperation between local gaming stores and to bring together and nurture a growing MTG community, what we’d like to do is offer store owners and TOs free entry tickets to any of our constructed MTG events. These are normally worth between £10-£30 and is a great opportunity for TOs to offer more value to their local players, for no additional cost.
Magic players! If you feel that your LGS and local Magic community could benefit from this offer then please do kindly share this post with them.
What tournament organiser (TO) & store owners need to do
Interested? Here is what the TO needs to do:
- First things first; let us know that you are interested! You can do this by simply messaging us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/manaleakcom). We’ll then walk through everything with you, it’d just be a lot easier that way.
- Take a look at our upcoming events, see which event you feel your players would be interested in and let us know. You can find a list of our upcoming events here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Manaleak/events/ and also here for events created after 9th March 2017: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Manaleak.comMTGUK/events/. Please keep an eye on that page as we add new events to it regularly. If you’d like to be automatically notified of all our new events (via a Facebook event invite), then please make sure that you are a part of our players group.
Tip: Please select an event that is at least 7 days in the future.
- For the purpose of this promotion, a “feeder event” is the event that you will be giving away a free entry ticket to our event at, and the “main event” is the event that it is feeding. Create a listing for your feeder event ASAP to give your local players plenty of notice, and to ensure that everyone has ample time to promote your event.
- In your feeder event Facebook event listing, add our store name, and the main event name, followed by the url of the main event e.g. “Manaleak.com Birmingham maineventnamehere: URLtomainevent”. Also include this in your social media posts.
Tip: Please include your stores/venues full address in your Facebook event listings description area. Please also use a good description for your event title.
- Promote your feeder event. Share it on social media and make in-store announcements, then direct us to these posts.
- Once the event is over, please let us know the full name of the winner so that we can add them to our store winners list. For administrative purposes, you must get this information to us at least 24 hours before the main event itself.
Please note that free event tickets must be given out as prizes and can not be traded for cash or products. Your event must be sanctioned. Please act within the spirit of the offer.
What we will do in return
In addition to providing you with the free entry ticket to give to your players. We will also:
- Add the name of your store, the feeder event listing, as well as the url to the feeder event itself to our main event listings. Example below:
- Once you have promoted your feeder event, we will then promote your feeder event on social media.
These posts are often reshared on social media by other people. For example StarCityGames retweeted our post:
This is a new endeavour to help promote a greater togetherness within the UK Magic community and its important that we all operate within the spirit of the project. Minor details may change as we refine the idea to make sure that it continues to work well for everyone involved, however the aim of the project will always remain the same; to offer Magic players more value and to grow attendances in all local gaming stores.
What to do next
If you’re interested in taking part in this offer then simply drop us a message on Facebook, and let us know!
Regardless of whether or not you take part of this offer, may we wish you the very best in all your endeavours.