Conspiracy: Take the Crown Throne Singles, Spoiler & Boosters (
Conspiracy: The Reign of Brago Conspiracy: The Empty) Magic: The Gathering!
Return to the world of Paliano in this exciting multiplayer draft format filled with intrigue and deception. Add deeper layers of gameplay to your next Magic: The Gathering booster draft and fight for King Brago—or plot his downfall. The C
onspiracy: The Reign of Brago Conspiracy: The Empty Throne Conspiracy: Take the Crown set builds on the revolutionary abilities introduced in the original Magic: The Gathering – Conspiracy set, with new cards that affect the draft itself and new Conspiracies that twist the rules against your foes and those who dare oppose Brago. Trade votes and spread your attacks to manipulate the game in your favour.
Spoilers season for this set will start on Monday 15th August 2016.
What format are the cards from Conspiracy 2 legal in? Cards from Conspiracy: Take the Crown are legal in every format apart from Standard and Modern, unless they are reprints of existing cards that are already legal in those formats.
Number of Cards
221 220 221
August 26, 2016
Official Three-Letter Code
English, Japanese, Chinese Simplified
How will you plot your way to the throne?
This set is designed for eight-player drafts followed by free-for-all games of three to five players each.
Foil Alt Art Kaya, Ghost Assassin (Card 222/221)
Complete Conspiracy: Take the Crowd Card List
CONSPIRACY: TAKE THE CROWN TOKENS
Conspiracy Take the Thrown Clarification Information
With the start of a new spoiler season, new key words, and new players who have never enjoyed the hilarious world of Conspiracy Draft, I’m creating this little discussion thread to clear up some confusion about what is going on with cards and such. I’ll try to update things as new stuff becomes revealed, and if I missed anything please feel free to let me know.
This is one of the biggest things new players want to know. Conspiracy 2 cards EXCEPT for the actual card type Conspiracy are LEGAL in Legacy, Vintage, Commander, Cube, and Pauper. Even if the card has text relating back to the Draft environment, you can play these cards in those formats, with some more successful than others, i.e. Paliano, High City. The cards with subtype of Conspiracy are NOT allowed in those formats, as they have no proper starting position at the beginning of the game.
DO THE MECHANICS WORK IN _______ FORMAT?
Yes, all the mechanics set for the Draft environment work in the other formats the cards are legal in. That being said, since Conspiracy 2 is focused for multiplayer Draft, some of the key words do not work as well in 1 v 1 match ups like Melee, Council’s Dilemma, and Goad. This is typically why you don’t see a lot of Conspiracy cards in 1 v 1 match ups and rather in Cubes and Commander.
DO YOU HAVE TO DRAFT TO GET CONSPIRACY 2 CARDS?
No, Conspiracy 2 will be available at most Card Shops for sale as regular booster packs,booster boxes, and now for the first time with this set, available in big box retail stores (i.e. Walmart, Target, Amazon…) as a three pack called a “Draft Pack”. You do NOT have to participate in a Draft to open packs of Conspiracy 2, it’s just more fun to open them in the Draft environment.
HOW DO THE CONSPIRACY CARDS WORK IN DRAFT?
For new players who may not have drafted before, or more experienced players who have not tried the more interesting draft elements from the original Conspiracy product, drafting this set requires a little extra strategy, as cards like the Conspiracy ones change the rules of how you deck build and play. Here are some notable changes you may want to know;
• Conspiracy cards do NOT count as part of your 40-card deck limit. Conspiracies state they remain in the Command Zone at the start of the game, cannot be interacted with by opponents, and are not counted as part of your library or permanent on the battlefield, kind of like Emblems. Like normal draft rules, you can have as many Conspiracy cards in your pool as you like.
• When a card says you draft it face up, it means that when you pick it from the pack you currently have, instead of placing it in your face down card pool, place it face up somewhere on your drafting area and proceed with the card’s effects until you are required to turn it face down.
• If a card says to remove another card from the draft, that card will still belong to you when the drafting finishes, but cannot be used as part of your deck, as most likely the card that required you to remove it from the draft has the name of the removed card. After all the games, you will still be able to take your card, as you now own it.
• A lot of the Conspiracy 2 cards will state for you to pick a name(s) of a card and note it. DO NOT WRITE ON THE ACTUAL CARD, instead keep a notepad or sticky notes with you when you go to draft. Use sticky notes on each card or on a single notepad write the name of the card asking for the name of another card and use some kind of correlation system to keep track of all noted names and to which cards they belong too. Trust me, when you draft like 7 Hidden Agenda cards, it can be hectic to remember what name goes where.
• Conspiracies with Hidden Agenda or the new Double Agenda start in your Command Zone face down (as they are hidden, duh.). You may look at them at any time for reminders of what they do, and you may flip them over to reveal what they say at any time, most likely due to a named card now being active on the stack or in play. Other players do not get to know what named card is on a face down Conspiracy until it is revealed by the controller of that Conspiracy.
CARD SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
This is where I’ll post responses to specific card questions that I find. If I miss any, please leave a comment and I’ll add it with your name.
• Sovereign’s Realm –
You can NOT retrieve Wastes as a basic land with this Conspiracy. Draft rules state that you build a deck with a supplied unlimited Plains, Islands, Swamps, Forests, and Mountains.
• Paliano Vanguard –
When you draft another creature with this card face up, you do note ALL creature types of the drafted creature (i.e., Knight of the Black rose would note HUMAN and KNIGHT as creature types.). The Vanguard will give +1/+1 to each other creature with at least one of those types, so try to get one with multiple creature types for max value.
• Animus of Predation –
As stated before, you do remove the drafted card from the draft, meaning you still own it, but cannot play that card in your deck. Animus of Predation will retain ALL key words on the removed card, not just one (i.e, removing a creature with FLYING, FIRST STRIKE, and LIFELINK will give the Animus ALL of these abilities.). Keep the removed creature handy incase anyone at the table would like to see where they keywords are coming from.
Conspiracy: Take the Crown Spoilers – Kaya, Ghost Assassin – New Planeswalker Revealed
Conspiracy: Take the Crown Booster Box, Booster Packs and Blister Packs
thelogandixon asked: When do spoilers for Conspiracy start? About a third of Magic’s demographic is impatiently waiting. We can’t wait to thank all of those involved in giving us another amazing draft set!
The preview week starts a week from today.
How to win:
1. Simply leave a comment (e.g. a review, combo suggestion, how you plan to use the card/product) using the review tab or comment box on ANY Conspiracy: Take the Crown card or product on our website (the item pages themselves, not this page).
2. We will then randomly pick the last comment on a randomly picked Conspiracy: Take the Crown page and that person will win a Conspiracy: Take the Crown booster box.
- The winner will be picked from random date between now and September 26th 2016. That date will not be disclosed (so please do not ask us!)
- We will announce who the winners are on our Facebook account, so please make sure that you are following us on Facebook.
Check out all our free competitions and giveaways here.
Get involved, useful UK Magic The Gathering Facebook Groups & Forums here.